- Snapshot Culture accepts .JPG and .TIFF images. Our service uses industry standard sRGB color profile system. If your images are saved with a non-standard color profile, photos may not print correctly.
- Images must be high quality, with low compression and high resolution.
- Because resolution is a key component of print quality, we recommend using the highest resolution possible and at least 1600x1200 (or a minimum of 300dpi). If image files are provided in lower resolution than those recommended, only the smaller print sizes will be suitable for printing. In these situations, the system will indicate that the image is “NOT recommended for printing” in the size under consideration.
- Image Resolution > Maximum print size
- less than 640x480 > only wallet size prints recommended
- 640x480 > absolute minimum resolution for 4x6
- 1024x768 > minimum recommended resolution for 4x6
- 1152x864 > minimum recommended resolution for 5x7
- 1600x1200 > minimum recommended resolution for 8x10 or up
- Parents and families visiting your school gallery will be able to order print sizes ranging from 20x30 to wallet size. The aspect ratio (the ratio of width to height) of these print sizes varies from 1.25:1 (for an 8x10, 11x14, and 16x20) to 1.5:1 (for a 4x6 and 20x30). As a result, our system will automatically crop your images to fit the print size ordered. To minimize undesirable cropping, Snapshot Culture recommends using the standard camera aspect ratio of 1.33:1.
- Non-standard images (especially square or panoramic images) will be subject to cropping, or will be printed whole with white borders added, depending upon the shape of the image. If non-standard size images are used, the pictures your families receive may be cropped or contain a white border. (Please note that each picture can only have one custom cropped setting, so you will need to pick the cropping that works best for all print sizes.)
- Snapshot Culture’s automatic complimentary services include brightening, red-eye removal (where possible) and custom cropping (as necessary). If you do not need these services and want your images published to the school gallery as is, please let us know.